If any of you are like me then you don’t leave the house without a full face of makeup on. Doesn’t matter where I’m going or how early it is, I always do my makeup. It’s not a chore to me, I love doing it and its a passion. With that being said wearing a full face from early in the morning until later at night can become uncomfortable. Thats why sometimes I can’t wait to go home and wash my face and be able to rub my eyes.
Since us girls wear makeup everyday it’s important to take care of whats underneath of it all…skin. Nothing is better than having healthy clear skin thats why I put together a small list of things I do, and you can to in order to keep your skin smooth and fresh.
- DO NOT SLEEP WITH MAKEUP ON! I can’t stress that enough because it’s so bad for your skin. Here is why: The metabolic byproducts, as well as the breakdown of the makeup itself, prevent the important role of microcirculation, which helps renew skin. This can result in the breakdown of collagen, resulting in wrinkles, and clogged pores which hold onto bacteria and result in acne. So next time you get home late and don’t feel like washing your face just think about that and what is happening while you sleep.
- Stay hydrated. Everyone always says drinking water is great for your skin, and I have to agree. Water helps rid the body and skin of toxins.
- Clean your makeup brushes. I know sometimes life happens and we forget or don’t have time to clean our brushes but that is another reason why you’re breaking out. You use your makeup brushes everyday. It constantly touches makeup, your counter/makeup bag and than back to your face.
- Facial peels. I love doing a facial peel when my skin is acting up or when its dry. The facial peel removes all the dead and dry skin leaving your face feeling new again. The one I love is the Microdelivery Dual-Phase Peel by Philosophy. What is does: Resurface skin and replenish it with essential vitamin C and peptides. The Vitamin C/Peptide Resurfacing Crystals gently rejuvenates and revitalizes as the Lactic/Salicylic Activating Gel helps to minimize the appearance of pores, fine lines, and wrinkles while providing a secondary exfoliation.
- Engage in activities that relieve stress. High levels of stress can compromise your skin, which leads to more break outs. Try working out, not only does it relieve stress but it increases the circulation of oxygen and nutrients and releases toxins through sweat, which leads to clearer, firmer skin.
I hope this helps anyone struggling with problem skin. Give these a try if you haven’t already and until next time xoxo